Occupational Health Advisor
Reference: OCHealth | Job Location: Darlington
Job Type: Permanent » Salary Type: Annually » Salary From: £25000.00 to: £0.00Apply Now
Tribe Recruitment are seeking to recruit an Occupational Health Advisor.
Providing support to the health, safety and wellbeing of all our employees (office, factory and site). Covering 3 days per week, this role will report to the HR Advisor and work towards improving organisational effectiveness by providing a proactive Occupational Health service and working collaboratively with all departments including Health and Safety.
In return the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits, including matched pension contributions.
- To undertake pre-employment health screening of all prospective employees (permanent and temporary).
- Implementation of attendance management procedures including provision of an occupational health assessment report that provides information to assist formulation of strategies for health support, phased return, reasonable adjustments and restrictions where required. This will also include appropriate referrals being made to a GP or Occupational Health Physician.
- To provide a proactive service that incorporates base line health surveillance followed by routine health surveillance, on a risk-based approach. This includes Hand Arm Vibration (HAVs) surveillance for all employees working with vibratory tools, audiometry tests, spirometry tests and skin assessments.
- To work alongside the HR Advisor in providing health promotion to employees to improve and maintain their health and well-being.
- To liaise with external contractors in the completion of medicals and screening for Network Rail and other external stakeholders as required by the Company.
- To carry out Drug and Alcohol testing as part of pre-employment screening and for cause testing.
- Clinical case management of employees advising on adjustments/restrictions where required.
- To maintain confidentiality of information and files in accordance with GDPR.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with relevant Health & Safety legislation.
- Ensure that the planned annual health surveillance programme is compiled, delivered and trends identified, and recommendations made to reduce or eliminate issues.
- Provide counselling to members of staff as required and advise when it is necessary for referral. Effectively promote EAP service where appropriate.
- Any other duties as requested.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) with a recognised Occupational Health Qualification such as OHN Certificate, Diploma or Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a qualified OHA, ideally in a manufacturing setting
- Experience in performing a full Occupational Health remit including case management, sickness absence, return to work, health promotion, health surveillance, fit for work medicals.
- Strong communication skills
- IT literate
The salary for this role is £25,000 pro-rota over 3 days.
If this role is the right one for you, please contact Leandra Smith at Tribe Recruitment on 01325 285033.
We have a wide selection of jobs available, please click the link below to view all our vacancies...View Vacancies
Tribe strives to provide the best possible service, have a read of what our clients say...View Testimonials
Get in Touch
If you wish to contact us by either telephone, email, post or via our contact form...Get in touch
Tribe Recruitment are proud members of...