Senior Healthcare Assistants - Nights
Reference: SHCAPNEW | Job Location: Washington
Job Type: Permanent » Salary Type: Hourly » Salary From: £8.83 to: £13.45Apply Now
Tribe Recruitment are seeking experienced Senior Healthcare Assistants to work nightshifts, in care home environments, in Newcastle, on a permanent basis.
The role involves providing residents with the highest standard of quality care and support, in accordance with the individual care plan and to act as a role model for other staff.
Main duties include:
- Act as a role model for other care staff in respect of day to day activities with particular emphasis on attaining National Vocational Qualification in Health and Social Care.
- To educate and enable other care staff to practice skills under direct supervision until competent.
- Answer Nurse call system promptly, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly.
- To build up good relationships with residents under his/her direct care and to provide them with daily care to help them maintain and improve, where possible, their independence, individuality and mobility.
- Dispense medication, and ensure correct recording of all relevant information relating to medication (after satisfactory completion of the Safe Handling of Medicines course).
- To work to promote a high level of effective communication between the care and the nursing team.
- Complete, observe & review care planning needs for residents, and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- To complete assessment documentation as required by the home.
- Ensure all holistic assessments are carried out when residents are admitted to the Home/Centre e.g. covering nutritional and incontinence issues, risk assessment etc.
- To assist residents to carry out their activities of daily living e.g. washing, dressing, eating and bathing.
- To provide residents with meals, adhering strenuously to Food Hygiene regulations.
- To provide beverages for residents and their visitors as required.
- To assist residents with eating where needed as per their care plan.
- To take care of the residents clothing, ensuring the correct collection, distribution and return of all laundered items.
- To carry out bed making and changing of linen.
- Escort residents travelling to and from the Home/Centre e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc.
- To facilitate in the admission of new residents.
- To support senior staff, where appropriate, to carry out their clinical responsibilities for residents.
- To assist qualified staff in the on-going assessment of residents, reporting any changes to the person in charge.
- To report any defects, damage, theft, breakage’s or hazards.
- To check the duty rota and sign for actual hours worked.
- Ensure the communal areas and corridors are safe and free from hazards.
- Ensure all residents’ property is stored in line with the policies and procedures of the home.
This role is for Senior Care Assistants who are happy to work permanent nightshifts. The hourly pay rate is £8.83 -£13.45
Candidates must have an NVQ in Health and Social Care and be qualified to administer medications and be able to supply certificates on request. Candidates must also have at least 2 years experience of working in a similar role.
If of interest please apply by submitting an up to date CV.
We have a wide selection of jobs available, please click the link below to view all our vacancies...View Vacancies
Tribe strives to provide the best possible service, have a read of what our clients say...View Testimonials
Get in Touch
If you wish to contact us by either telephone, email, post or via our contact form...Get in touch
Tribe Recruitment are proud members of...