Reference: mbro675 | Job Location: Teesside
Job Type: Temporary » Salary Type: Hourly » Salary From: £0.00 to: £0.00Apply Now
Tribe Recruitment are seeking a Resource Worker to work in Middlesbrough on a temporary basis.
Whilst you will be based initially within a named home initially there may be a requirement to work within other Homes in the area as and when required. You will also need to be flexible and able to participate in the agreed working rota which may include weekends, bank holidays, evenings, early mornings or waking night shifts as the Home is open 365 days per year. A typical working week is 37 hours over a 7 day rota with shift patterns varying from 7:30am-3pm, 2:30pm-10:30pm, & 10pm-8am. Once experienced you may be required to act as Shift Leader on occasions.
The purpose of the role is to provide a high quality of care and support, which meets the physical, emotional , intellectual, behavioural, health, social and cultural needs of the children and families for whom the home provides a service. This may include working with children with challenging behaviour, complex emotional problems, mental health and other additional/special needs.
The main duties are:
• To provide a high quality of care and support.
• Follow Care Plans including safeguarding plans, health plans and behavioural plans.
• Support the child attending educational, religious, social and cultural activities.
• Supervise contact between children, young people and members of their family or others as directed by the Court, or in line with Care Planning.
• Administer medications (once training has been given).
• Attend meetings relating to the care of the children including review and planning meetings.
• Update documents and client files.
We are looking for people with the following skills and expertise:
• NVQ 3 or QCF Diploma in working with Children and Young People.
• Understanding the needs of Children including those with special/educational needs.
• Understanding of child development and challenging behaviour.
• Experience of working with children, young people and families in a relevant setting.
• Experience of providing direct care.
• Experience of managing challenging behaviour.
• And who are flexible in terms or working hours and locations.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply for the position please submit your CV ensuring it includes contact details for 2 references.
We have a wide selection of jobs available, please click the link below to view all our vacancies...View Vacancies
Tribe strives to provide the best possible service, have a read of what our clients say...View Testimonials
Get in Touch
If you wish to contact us by either telephone, email, post or via our contact form...Get in touch
Tribe Recruitment are proud members of...