Team Leader - Learning Disability Unit
Reference: TLPST | Job Location: Stockton
Job Type: Permanent » Salary Type: Hourly » Salary From: £10.00 to: £0.00Apply Now
Tribe Recruitment are seeking experienced Team Leaders to work in a learning disability unit within a care home environment in Stockton on a permanent basis.
The role involves supporting the management team to ensure that person centered care is delivered to the highest quality to each individual resident on the Learning disability unit. The Team Leader will have the skills and ability to undertake the day to day management of the unit in the absence of the manager and deputy and participate on the on call rota being flexible to the needs of the home.
The main duties are:
- Oversee the initial assessment of residents following admission and ensure a care plan is developed with the resident. Ensure that the care plan is realistic and achievable and meets the needs of the resident based on their assessed needs.
- Ensure that all medications, including controlled drugs are administered, recorded, maintained and replenished always, consistent with the Homes written policies and procedures. Assist the management team in carrying out medication audits and medication supervisions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the safeguarding of vulnerable adults, recognition of the signs of abuse and procedures to follow in the event of an allegation of abuse.
- Act as a key communicator with members of the multidisciplinary team on resident care matters.
- Complete Safeguarding Alerts and CQC notifications when required ensuring they are quality checked before sending.
- To work with the Management Team in recruitment and selection of appropriately trained staff ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- To support the seniors with the day to day running of the units offering support during busy and difficult periods, this will include assisting with health and welfare professionals, administering medication and covering the senior role in the absence of a senior.
- Participate in the training and teaching of other staff members in the team.
- Carryout staff induction for permanent, bank and agency staff.
- Ensure that all records relating to the care of the residents are maintained in an accurate legible and consistent fashion, reflecting the residents as individuals and recording all changes to the care needs.
- Plan duty rota’s that ensure there is an appropriate skill mix of staff on duty to provide the highest quality care to the residents.
- To be aware of the training needs of the staff group and ensure that all staff attend training as per the training plan.
- Assist the Manager in collating information for Monthly reports and Key performance issues.
- Ensure compliance with the homes audit standards and Essential Standards of quality and safety
- Assist and conduct quality audits throughout the home.
Candidates must have sound working knowledge of the Health & Social Act 2008, NVQ in Health & Social Care, be qualified to administer medications and have at least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role.
The hourly pay rate is £10.00 per hour. If of interest please apply by submitting a CV.
We have a wide selection of jobs available, please click the link below to view all our vacancies...View Vacancies
Tribe strives to provide the best possible service, have a read of what our clients say...View Testimonials
Get in Touch
If you wish to contact us by either telephone, email, post or via our contact form...Get in touch
Tribe Recruitment are proud members of...