Head of Finance
Reference: HoF | Job Location: Redcar
Job Type: Permanent » Salary Type: Annually » Salary From: £0.00 to: £0.00Apply Now
Tribe Recruitment are seeking a highly experienced Head of Finance to work for their client in Redcar. Please note however that the role will also require working from offices in Stockton and travelling to other locations in the UK and internationally on occasions.
This is a permanent opportunity, working full time (39 hours per week), Monday-Friday with an annual salary of £68,000 - £74,000 depending on experience.
The role involves being responsible for all financial arrangements, reporting to the Finance Director, on commitments of resources, risk and commercial undertakings, and identifying and reporting on financial matters which might create significant risks or opportunities.
The key duties include:
- Provide leadership, management and challenge to ensure the effective deployment of financial resources, ensuring efficient and effective operation of services, and developing effective policies, practices and procedures.
- Develop long term financial strategies, plans and policies to align resources.
- Prepare the budget and Medium Term Financial Plan.
- Be the key link with Government Departments and Auditors on all financial matters.
- Provide and/or commission specialist financial advice to Directors and members on major projects and the development of new financial models and funding opportunities.
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of effective assurance and governance frameworks, ensuring effective value for money and prioritising the most effective interventions.
- Negotiate effective contractual relationships and excellent working relationships with a wide range of funding and project partners, local authorities and business partners.
- Review and comment upon legal agreements relating to the commercial projects as they are negotiated.
- To be a member of the senior management team and to deputise for the Finance Director on financial or other matters, as required.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following personal specification:
- Are proven self-starters with a demonstrable can-do attitude and an ideas-oriented approach.
- Are self-motivation, evidenced by a pro-active approach to work and problem solving
- Have excellent collaborative working skills, with the ability to articulate opinions and influence others.
- Demonstrable ability to work at both strategic and detailed levels and to convert broad commercial principles into completed legal agreements
- Have proven competence to communicate, negotiate and influence at senior executive and Board level .
- Have excellent analytical, report-writing and presentation skills.
- A demonstrable ability to manage an intense, complex case load of work
- Ability to exercise solid judgement on business priorities, and to make compelling cases in support of business decisions and value judgements.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and ensure that key stakeholder expectations are managed accordingly.
To be considered for the role you MUST have the following qualifications and experience:
- CCAB or equivalent alternative professional qualification and demonstrable track-record of personal and professional development with a minimum of 10 years’ post qualification experience, and a minimum 5 years recent experience operating in senior manager level capacity.
- A demonstrable track record in leading and managing finance in a complex environment.
- A successful record of planning, prioritising and producing work to a high standard.
- Ability to interpret strategies and policies.
- Ability to advise and influence a wide range of audiences, including through constructive challenge.
It would also be advantageous to have the following:
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the financial governance requirements of a development corporation / public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in a political environment.
- Experience of organisational development and change management.
- Working with both public and private sectors.
- Awareness of Freedom of Information requests and the process of how they are dealt with.
If you are interested in the position, and fully meet the criteria in terms of qualifications and experience, please apply by submitting your CV.
We have a wide selection of jobs available, please click the link below to view all our vacancies...View Vacancies
Tribe strives to provide the best possible service, have a read of what our clients say...View Testimonials
Get in Touch
If you wish to contact us by either telephone, email, post or via our contact form...Get in touch
Tribe Recruitment are proud members of...