Interim Head of Finance
Reference: IHoF | Job Location: Redcar
Job Type: Temporary » Salary Type: Annually » Salary From: £68000.00 to: £74000.00Apply Now
Job Title: Interim Head of Finance
Salary: £68,000 - £74,000
Employment type: Interim Position
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 39 hours per week
Location: The role will primarily be based at Redcar, but will also require working from offices in Stockton-On-Tees.
The role will also require travel to other locations in the UK and internationally on occasions.
Reports to: Finance Director
The Company requires the services of a highly experienced Head of Finance to provide leadership and advice on all aspects of the. You will be responsible for all financial arrangements reporting to the Finance Director on commitments of resources, risk and commercial undertakings, and identifying and reporting on financial matters which might create significant risks or opportunities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide leadership , management and challenge to ensure the effective deployment of financial resources, ensuring efficient and effective operation of services, and developing effective policies, practices and procedures
· Develop long term financial strategies, plans and policies to align Resources with priorities of the organisation
· Prepare the budget and Medium Term Financial Plan
· Be the key link with Government Departments and Auditors on all financial matters
· To be the key financial contact with financial support functions for all partner Local Authorities, businesses and any other organisation on behalf of the company
· Be responsible for the development and delivery of effective assurance and governance frameworks, ensuring effective value for money and prioritising the most effective interventions
· Negotiate effective contractual relationships and excellent working relationships with a wide range of funding and project partners, local authorities and business partners
· Review and comment upon legal agreements relating to the commercial projects as they are negotiated
· Act as intelligent client in connection with procurement, contracting and post-contract management of external consultancy and other services To be a member of the senior management team and to deputise for the Finance Director on financial or other matters, as required
· To adhere to all polices, practices and procedures with regard to financial management, legal matters including procurement and those associated with the workforce including Health and Safety, promoting employee engagement and ensuring good practice is on place
· Such other management level work as the Finance Director may require.
· A proven self-starter with a demonstrable can-do attitude and an ideas-oriented approach
· Strong self-motivation, evidenced by a pro-active approach to work and problem solving
· Excellent collaborative working skills, with an ability to articulate opinions and influence others
· Demonstrable ability to work at both strategic and detailed levels and to convert broad commercial principles into completed legal agreements
· Proven competence to communicate, negotiate and influence at senior executive and Board level
· Excellent analytical, report-writing and presentation skills
· A confident persona
· A demonstrable ability to manage an intense, complex case load of work
· Ability to exercise solid judgement on business priorities, and to make compelling cases in support of business decisions and value judgements
· Strong influencing and negotiation skills
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and ensure that key stakeholder expectations are managed accordingly.
Qualifications and Experience:
· CCAB or equivalent alternative professional qualification and demonstrable track-record of personal and professional development with a minimum of 10 years’ post qualification experience, and a minimum 5 years recent experience operating in senior manager level capacity
· A demonstrable track record in leading and managing finance in a complex environment
· A successful record of planning, prioritising and producing work to a high standard
· Ability to interpret strategies and policies
· Ability to advise and influence a wide range of audiences, including through constructive challenge
· A thorough knowledge and understanding of the financial governance requirements of a development corporation / public sector organisation
· Experience of working in a political environment
· Experience of organisational development and change management
· Working with both public and private sectors.
· Awareness of Freedom of Information requests and the process of how they are dealt with
We have a wide selection of jobs available, please click the link below to view all our vacancies...View Vacancies
Tribe strives to provide the best possible service, have a read of what our clients say...View Testimonials
Get in Touch
If you wish to contact us by either telephone, email, post or via our contact form...Get in touch
Tribe Recruitment are proud members of...